AMPLIFY EMV CHIP CARDS
The smart way to pay! The EMV chip MasterCard® Debit Card from Amplify is a safe and smart payment option with added benefits you can really use. Your new Amplify MasterCard® Debit Card comes with great features like special discounts, purchase protection and more. Ready to get your card? Call us at 512-836-5901 or stop by any branch to pick yours up today!
What is EMV? EMV stands for Europay MasterCard Visa and refers to debit and credit cards that contain a special microprocessor chip. EMV chip cards protect against fraud by providing strong transaction security features not possible with traditional magnetic-stripe cards. By storing your card’s data on a chip, your account information can be changed dynamically with every use.
- Extended Warranty: You get double the time period and a duplicate amount of coverage of the original manufacturer’s (or U.S. store brand) warranty for most items you purchase with your card, for a maximum of one year up to $10,000 coverage.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: Provides up to $250 per product, if you become dissatisfied with the product within 60 days of purchase and the merchant will not accept a return.
- Price Protection: Guarantees the best price on products purchased with an eligible card by providing a refund on the difference1.
- Master Global Service®: 24/7 assistance with lost or stolen card reporting, emergency card replacement, emergency cash advance.
- Zero Liability Protection Against Unauthorized Purchases2: 24/7 assistance with lost or stolen card reporting, emergency card replacement, emergency cash advance. In the event of fraud, contact Fraud Services at 800-889-5280.
- Lost or Stolen Card Replacement: In the event that your card is used to make unauthorized purchases—whether made in a store, by phone, or online—you won’t be held liable.
- MasterCard® SecureCodeTM: Register your new MasterCard Debit Card with MasterCard SecureCode for extra protection when shopping online. Your SecureCode is your own personal code that must be provided when making purchases online at participating merchants, similar to a PIN. Sign up today - it's easy! Just click here.
- Identity Theft Resolution Services: Assists you with credit bureau notification and credit card replacement, and provides you with an ID Theft Affidavit should you become the victim of Identity Theft3.
Your MasterCard® Debit Card has several built-in security features. When you use your card, you can rest easy knowing you have the following features available to you:
- Extended Warranty
- Purchase Assurance®
- Zero Liability Protection Against Unauthorized Purchases1
- Lost or Stolen Card Replacement
- MasterCard® SecureCodeTM
In addition to these built in benefits, Amplify has a library of articles related to protecting yourself from fraud and I.D. Theft.
Need to Report Debit Card Fraud?
Call 800-808-6402 to report fraudulent activity on your debit card. An agent will be able to assist you Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Have We Contacted You About Potential Debit Card Fraud?
Call us back at 800-889-5280 so we can work with you to determine if fraud is occurring on your card.
If the retailer has an EMV terminal, insert your card chip-first and face-up, and leave it in the terminal for the duration of the transaction. Depending on the merchant, you may be asked to enter your PIN, provide a signature, or do nothing at all.
It will take several years for all ATMs to become chip-enabled. If an ATM is not chip-enabled, simply use it the way you normally would.
If using a chip-enabled ATM, the card must remain in the terminal for the duration of the transaction.
- If it’s a motorized card reader that pulls your card inside the terminal, it works just as it always has. Your card will be automatically returned at the end of the transaction.
- If you’re using a "quick-dip reader" at a chip-enabled ATM, you’ll need to leave the card in the slot for the entire transaction. More than likely, on-screen cues will prompt you when it’s time to remove your card.
Remove your card once the transaction is complete.
1. Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. See www.mastercard.com
for details. 2. If the card is lost or stolen, the MasterCard Zero liability program protects against unauthorized purchases. See www.mastercard.com/zeroliability
for full terms and conditions. 3. Certain terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. Contact your issuing financial institution for complete coverage terms and conditions or call 1-800-MC-ASSIST (1-800-622-7747) for assistance.