Mobile Banking Safety
Mobile banking puts the ability to manage your money as close as your cell phone. As with any type of technology, there are steps you can take to make using mobile banking safer. Here are a few suggestions:
- Password protect your mobile device
- Download only signed applications from trusted sources
- If your mobile device uses the Android operating system, do not enable Android's "install from unknown sources" feature
- Do not store usernames and passwords on your mobile device
- Delete text messages you receive from your financial institutions as soon as you no longer need them
Transactions you make using Amplify's mobile banking app are encrypted to protect the data that is transmitted to and from your cell phone. The bigger security concern with using mobile devices for financial transactions is ensuring that should you lose your device, others are not able to access your log in information and passwords.